Saturday, October 14, 2006

Children's Camp & Other News

Vivian is helping out at children's camp this weekend. Thirty kids along with counselors, cooks and helpers are having a great time in a large house with a pool about 8 miles away from our home. Last night the mosquitoes about ate up everyone. I got a call to please bring out two fans along with some baking powder for making a special cake. Just before Bible story time this evening the lights went out so we dashed to a town nearby and bought candles. Fortunately, electricity was restored soon and the David and Goliath story was acted out as planned. I took some photos.
Is different and lonely with Vivian gone but I have managed to stay busy. I will pick her up Sunday after lunch, Lord willing. Is much more relaxing than last week when I was called upon suddenly to handle a funeral service Friday afternoon. That's another story told in our recent email update...By the way, the Brazilian election held on Oct. 1 resulted in a run-off election set for Oct. 29. President and a number of state governors will be chosen. Vivian and I will fly to Belem that day for a 3-day mission meeting with our U. S. director. Guess my students can work on their term papers during the classes I will miss.

No comments: