Monday, May 22, 2006

Brazil Nuts

Our 530 mile drive to Louisiana and back went well this weekend. Was good to visit friends in a church that has shared faithfully in our Brazil ministry for over 30 years. The couple we stayed with before was traveling so we enjoyed the Jameson Inn near I-20 over Saturday night. Even swam some laps in the pool. Sunday AM in the adult Bible class just before we began rolling our power point slides, Mr. Bell asked if we’d brought our Brazil nut pod again. I said, “Yes, if you insist, I’ll get it out just after we see the slides.” And I did, much to the amusement and amazement of the folks. Later when introducing me to speak in the worship service, Pr. Bob referred to what I had said, that we are all like re-seeding Brazil nuts, some more visible than others in God’s work but all vitally important in bringing spiritual life to others within the context of our daily lives. Don’t know what this missionary would do without a few visuals. People of all ages respond well to show and tell. Guess I should have gotten out our piranha too!

No comments: